Someone can be madly in love with you and still not be ready. They can love you in a way you have never been loved and still not join you on the bridge. And whatever their reasons you must leave. Because you never ever have to inspire anyone to meet you on the bridge. You never ever have to convince someone to do the work to be ready. There is more extraordinary love, more love that you have never seen, out here in this wide and wild universe. And there is the love that will be ready.
— Nayyirah Waheed
“The perfect kind of friendship is that of good men who resemble one another in virtue.”
Pieces of my mind. That was the name of my original blog where I posted just that…pieces of my mind…thoughts that I had about different things. That blog has gone its way, replaced eventually by this generic Steve949.com, Facebook, and Instagram.
Sometimes I still have pieces of my mind that I want to share/save and until Facebook supports hashtags this is a much better place for archiving.
So here are the pieces of my mind for this Independence Day weekend (so far)
- Last Friday at work someone was trying to make the point to me that Trump was a better president than Biden. Want to know how they were trying to make that point? By asking the question “Are you better off financially under Biden than you were under Trump?”
Once again proving that for Trumpublicans, what matters most is, “me”. What’s in it for me? How does it affect me?
- I listened to a large portion of a radio interview with the Trumpublican governor of South Dakota, Kristi Noem. She didn’t answer a single question put to her but instead diverted and redirected each time…until asked if she would support Trump in a reelection bid. Of course, she said yes.
You can watch a small bit of the interview here: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/bash-asks-gop-gov-kristi-noem-if-south-dakota-would-force-a-10-year-old-to-have-a-baby/vi-AAZ999o
- I can’t help but wonder how all the people that are screaming “States Rights” will feel when the issue of a nationwide, Federal abortion ban comes up. I’m thinking they will change their tune. Again.
“A weak man has doubts before a decision. A strong man has them afterwards.”
– Karl Krauss
“Fate is not satisfied with inflicting one calamity.”
– Roman author Publilius Syrus
“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.”
…through some old posts on an old blog, I ran across this post written back in 2007.
I still think of Macy now and then. Was she the one that got away? I hope that wherever she is, that she is well and happy.
“Goest thou to hell, and swiftly please, and there may Azmodaeus himself suckle from your diseased teat.”
– Barnabas Collins, Dark Shadows, 2012